June 17, 2012
Jessica Martin and Kelvin Nicholson of Columbus were married May 12 at 4 p.m. at Abundant Life Christian Church in Columbus, with Craig Morris officiating. The bride is the daughter of Ike Martin and Brenda Martin, both of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Sarah Morris and the late Robert Morris, and the late Ike Murray and Katie Martin, all of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a white strapless A-line dress with a beaded bodice that flared at the waist. The skirt featured layers of ruffled organza. The back extended into a sweeping train. Kasenda Martin of Columbus, sister-in-law of the bride, served as matron of honor. Bridesmaids were Whitney McCarter, cousin of the bride; Tiana Nicholson, niece of the groom; Ayana Morris, cousin of the bride; and Renel Nicholson, niece of the groom. Serving as flower girls were Kennedi Nicholson, daughter of the groom, and Sarah King, cousin of the bride. The matron of honor wore a blue, halter-neck floor-length gown. Bridesmaids wore fuchsia floor-length gowns. Flower girls wore white lace dresses. The groom is the son of Carl and Martha Nicholson of Columbus. He is the grandson of the late Henry and Mattie Nicholson, and the late Wallace and Maude Skinner. Carl Nicholson Jr. of Columbus, brother of the groom, served as best man. Groomsmen were Justin Martin, brother of the bride; Dwayne Young, brother-in-law of the groom; Darren Howard; and Kyler Moore, cousin of the bride, all of Columbus. Serving as ring bearer was Braxton Morris, cousin of the bride. Bell ringer was Craig Morris II, cousin of the bride. Both are from Columbus. Following a wedding trip to Pigeon Forge, Tenn., and Memphis, Tenn., the couple resides in Columbus.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY