May 6, 2012
Kathryn Paige Hudson of Columbus and Jason Derrick Smith of Valdosta, Ga., were married October 22, 2011, at 11 a.m. at North Highland Church in Columbus, Ga., with Chris Rentz officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen L. Hudson of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Flye of Columbus, and Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hudson of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore an ivory strapless trumpet style gown with lace overlay and beads, with a court length train. Carly Taylor of Columbus, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Brittany Merchant of Columbus, Maegan Stead of Valdosta, and Tammy Harrelson of Valdosta, aunt of the groom. Courtney Harrelson of Valdosta, cousin of the groom, served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Hardy L. Smith Jr. of Columbus and Leslie Robinson of Dunlap, Tenn. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Hardy L. Smith Sr. of Valdosta, and Mr. Rudolph Brown and the late Mrs. Rudolph Brown of Dunlap. Eric Smith of Ray City, Ga., brother of the groom, served as best man. Serving as groomsmen were Hardy Smith Jr. of Columbus, father of the groom, Richard Smith of Albany, Ga., and Will Bean of Columbus. Following a wedding trip to Chattanooga, Tenn., the couple resides in Valdosta, where they are employed in the fields of insurance and mechanics.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY