March 18, 2012
Carly Elizabeth Brown and Christopher Greer Wilkins were married Sept. 3, 2011, at 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church in Decatur, Ala., with the Rev. Dr. Terry L. Greer officiating. The bride is the daughter of W. Clint Brown Jr., and Charles “Rick” and Sherrie Paler, all of Decatur. She is the granddaughter of Samuel Greene of Sanford, Fla., and the late Carrie Greene, and W. Clint Brown Sr. of Athens, Ala., and the late Marjorie Brown. The bride was given in marriage by Mr. and Mrs. Charles “Rick” Paler. Kristy Cooper of Tuscaloosa, Ala., served as matron of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Tiffany Harris of Cullman, Ala., Rosanne Kendal and Lauren Estradt, both of Atlanta, and Lauren Pate of Tuscaloosa Eden Claire Gentry, cousin of the groom, served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Wilkins of Columbus. He is the grandson of Bill Perkins and Peggy Perkins, both of Columbus, and Elizabeth Wilkins of Columbus and the late William Wilkins Sr. The groom’s brother, Carson Wilkins of Starkville, served as best man. Groomsmen were Ben Sharpe of Starkville, Matthew Darnell of DeKalb, Trey Hodson of Lafayette, La., and Craig Reeves of Porterville. Spencer Gilleran of Bloomfield Township, Mich., cousin of the bride, served as ring bearer. Following a wedding trip to Florence, Rome, and Venice, Italy, the couple resides in Montgomery, Ala., where the groom is communications director at the Alabama Sports Festival, and the bride is an attorney at the Law Office of Daniel G. Hamm.
1. Public wants inclusion in Starkville's comprehensive planning process STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Judge: Closed council gatherings in Columbus broke Open Meetings Act COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man sentenced to 5 years after Lowndes Co. DUI COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU fans travel in large numbers to SEC tourney STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes grand larceny, burglary arrests COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY