December 17, 2011
Carly Elise Hudson of Columbus and William Edward Taylor III of Columbus were married July 30, 2011, at 11 a.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, with Bro. Roy Hawkins officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steve Hudson of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hudson, and Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Flye of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a white, strapless ball gown with embroidered beads and a matching veil embroidered with crystals. Paige Hudson, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Marah Ferrell of Columbus, and Grace Strickland of Columbus. Attendants wore apple-red dresses of varying styles. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Strickland of Columbus, and William Edward Taylor Jr. of Charlotte, N.C. He is the grandson Mr. and Mrs. Everette Jones, Mrs. Gerlene Strickland and the late Mr. Samuel Strickland, and Mrs. Eloise Taylor and the late Mr. William Edward Taylor Sr., all of Charlotte. Everette Bruce, brother of the groom, served as best man. Serving as groomsmen were Everette Jones of Charlotte, Scotti Carley of Columbus, and Michael Ramsey of Charlotte. Following a wedding trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn., the couple resides in Starkville, where they work in the restaurant and hotel industry.
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY