October 22, 2011
Kasenda Overstreet of Walnut Grove and Justin Martin of Columbus were married Sept. 2, 2011, at 2 p.m. at Abundant Life Christian Church with Craig Morris officiating. The bride is the daughter of Henry and Marilyn Overstreet of Walnut Grove. She is the granddaughter of Melvin Hawkins and the late Gladly Hawkins, and the late James and Lula Overstreet. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a white satin strapless gown with pearls and crystal design with a 5-foot train and an ostrich and pearl headpiece. She carried a bouquet of orange roses and pearls. Carolyn Overstreet, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Jessica Martin of Walnut Grove, sister of the groom; Monique Overstreet of Ohio, sister of the bride; Sarah King of Columbus, cousin of the bride; and Lia Sykes of Columbus, cousin of the groom. The bridesmaids wore orange off the shoulder gowns and carried bouquets of orange and cream flowers. The groom is the son of Ike Martin and Brenda Martin, both of Columbus. He is the grandson of Sarah Morris of Columbus and the late Robert Ray Morris, Ike Murray and Katie Martin. Terrance Colister of Columbus, served as best man. Following a wedding trip to Pigeon Forge, Tenn., the couple resides in Columbus where the groom is employed with Core Fitness.
1. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY