September 3, 2011
Holly Kay Roberts of New York, N.Y., and Patrick John Benedict, of Coram, N.Y., were united in marriage March 5, 2011, at 3 p.m. at Infant Jesus Roman Catholic Church in Port Jefferson, N.Y., with the Rev. Charles Romano officiating and Deacon Bill Powers assisting. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Rodney Roberts of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. J.P.T. Roberts Jr. and the late Mr. and Mrs. D.J. DuBose. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Attending the bride as matrons of honor were Melissa Tullos of Jackson, sister of the bride, and Emily Lightfood of New York, N.Y. Bridesmaids were Jenny Ploughman and Tanya Fazal of New York; Jessica Vanacoro of Carmel, N.Y., sister of the groom, and Lauren Williams of Coram. Junior bridesmaids were Caitlin Powers of Long Beach, N.Y., Kelly Powers and Molly Powers, both of New York and cousins of the groom. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Benedict of Coram. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Powers of Port Jefferson Station, and Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Benedict of Coram. Christopher Benedict of Coram, brother of the groom, served as best man. Groomsmen were Evan Maggio of Orlando, Fla., Paul De Narnd of Putnam Valley, N.Y., Matt Vanacoro of Carmel, N.Y., Daryl Ray Carliles, Rob Hinderliter and Anthony Johnson, all of New York. The bride is currently employed as an afternoon host for a country radio station with LI Communications. The groom is employed with Apple Computers in sales. Following a wedding trip to St. Martins Island, the couple resides in Port Jefferson Station.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY