June 10, 2011
Floy Faye Merideth of Columbus and Roy Dewitt Locke of Vernon, Ala., were married Nov. 6, 2010, at Cannan Baptist Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Jim Ray and the Rev. Tim Bailey officiating. The bride was given in marriage by her sons, Thomas C. Merideth Jr. of Columbus and Phillip A. Merideth of Caledonia. She wore a cranberry-colored silk crepe gown with a beaded bodice and carried a hand-tied bouquet of cream-colored rosebuds. The bride’s daughters, Sandy Nethery of Columbus, Deborah Brown of Birmingham, Ala., and Rae Carrol of Trussville, Ala., served as attendants. The groom’s children, Rodger D. Locke of Ripley, Micahel W. Locke of Blue Mountain, and Julia A. Uranga of San Antonio, Texas, stood with their father during the ceremony. The bride, a homemaker, is retired from the Mississippi Department of Human Services. The groom retired as a senior master sergeant with 24 years’ service in the United States Air Force Security Service. He also retired as a senior sales representative after 20 years with Metropolitan Life Insurance. The couple will divide their time between homes in Columbus and Vernon.
1. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY