January 1, 2011
Cordie Rebecca Holman and Joseph Paul Richardson were married at 2 p.m. June 26, 2010, at Carrier Chapel on the campus of Mississippi University for Women in Columbus, with the Rev. Armon McDill officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joe T. Holman II of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Ferrell Stapp of West Point and the late Mr. R.L. Stapp of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Billy Jean Holman of Columbus. She was given in marriage by her father. The bride wore a satin ball gown accented with an open neckline, cap sleeves and embroidered bodice and complemented by a pleated skirt with beaded hem and cathedral train. She wore a cathedral-length veil and carried a bouquet of ivory roses, with ivory and pale pink peonies. Kara Holman Walls of Macclenny, Fla., sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. Jermarra Jones of Memphis, Tenn., served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Crystal Richardson of Caledonia, sister of the groom, and Katie Richard McDill of Columbus. Attendants wore black satin tea-length gowns, with rhinestone belts. They carried bouquets of pink Gerber daisies. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward W. Richardson of Caledonia. He is the grandson of Mrs. Rachel Rowell of Nettleton and the late Joe Kincade of Caledonia, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Paul H. Richardson of Columbus. Gregory Richardson of San Antonio, Texas, brother of the groom, served as the best man. Groomsmen were Joseph Quatrevingt, Chris McDill and Andrew Culpepper, all of Columbus. Following a wedding trip to Asheville, N.C., the couple resides in Indianola.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY