May 23, 2010
Nichole Younger of Columbus and Brian Michael Shows of Brandon were married March 6, 2010, at 2 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Andrew Pearson and Dr. Edward Rester officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ted F. Younger of Columbus, and the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Roy Allen Younger Sr. of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Robert Leon Davis of Scooba. She was given in marriage by her father. The bride wore a strapless gown of taffeta, featuring pleated draping complemented by embroidered and beaded accents. The mermaid skirt was accented in back with buttons. Scattered appliqués enhanced the semi-cathedral train. She wore a matching fingertip veil of illusion. Kimberly Y. Phillips of Columbus, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Kristen Nicole Phillips of Columbus, niece of the bride, served as bridesmaid. The attendants wore identical floor-length gowns of claret satin, featuring strapless bodices and A-line skirts. Flower girls were Sydney Ruth Rester and Ann Claire Rester, nieces of the groom. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. James Larry Shows of Bruce, and the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Aubrey M. Shows of Mendenhall, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Johnnie Brewer of Water Valley. Christopher Scott Partridge of Tyngsboro, Mass., served as best man. Michael Kyler Phillips of Columbus, nephew of the bride, served as ring bearer. The couple resides in Brandon.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY