April 17, 2010
Hayley Rebecca Mims and Timothy Chad Dees of Columbus were married Nov. 10, 2009, in a private ceremony at noon at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Resort, Jamaica. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Carl Mims of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and the granddaughter of Mrs. Mary Pauline Reeves of Tuscaloosa. She wore a simple gown accented with lacing and flowers and an antique locket passed down from her grandmother. Her bouquet was of fresh daisies. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Marion Dees Jr. of Columbus and the grandson of Mr. Marion Dees Sr. After a stay in Jamaica, the couple resides in Columbus. She is general manager of The Green Olive and bookkeeper of Red Dog Enterprise. The groom is employed with Glenn Machine Works.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY