March 13, 2010
Kristen Nicole Calahan of Columbus and Shawn Patrick Kelly Gates were married Sept. 13, 2009, at 5 p.m. at the home of Carl Estes in Vernon, Ala., with Judge Johnny Rogers officiating. The bride is the daughter of Ruth Ann Faris and James Faris of Caledonia. She is the granddaughter of the late Frankie and Betty Ledsworth of Columbus, and Sarah Brummett and the late O.W. Brummett of Caledonia. The bride was given in marriage by her great-grandfather, James Mattison. The bride wore a knee-length, ivory dress that had been worn by her mother. It had pearl accents and a lace-up back. Macy Faris, sister of the bride, served as flower girl, and Candace Roberts served as honorary bridesmaid. The groom is the son of Greg and Donna Gates of Columbus. He is the grandson of Colleen Simmons and the late Albert Simmons, and the late Martha Fran and Willie Gates. After a trip to Atlanta, the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is the assistant manager at Cowboy Maloney’s, and the groom is the head football coach at Immanuel Christian School and is a personal trainer.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY