March 13, 2010
Kristen Nicole Calahan of Columbus and Shawn Patrick Kelly Gates were married Sept. 13, 2009, at 5 p.m. at the home of Carl Estes in Vernon, Ala., with Judge Johnny Rogers officiating. The bride is the daughter of Ruth Ann Faris and James Faris of Caledonia. She is the granddaughter of the late Frankie and Betty Ledsworth of Columbus, and Sarah Brummett and the late O.W. Brummett of Caledonia. The bride was given in marriage by her great-grandfather, James Mattison. The bride wore a knee-length, ivory dress that had been worn by her mother. It had pearl accents and a lace-up back. Macy Faris, sister of the bride, served as flower girl, and Candace Roberts served as honorary bridesmaid. The groom is the son of Greg and Donna Gates of Columbus. He is the grandson of Colleen Simmons and the late Albert Simmons, and the late Martha Fran and Willie Gates. After a trip to Atlanta, the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is the assistant manager at Cowboy Maloney’s, and the groom is the head football coach at Immanuel Christian School and is a personal trainer.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY