October 31, 2009
Elizabeth Anne Fraser of Columbus and James Bradley Yates of Columbus were married Oct. 3, 2009, at Gulf State Beach in Orange Beach, Ala., with Dr. Alan W. McBride officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Keith A. Fraser of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Joy B. McClanahan and the late Ted H. McClanahan of Columbus, and Mr. and Mrs. William C. Fraser of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a strapless A-line satin gown with beaded embroidery at the neckline and side drape. She carried a silver bouquet holder of white roses. Catherine Joy Fraser, sister of the bride, of Columbus, served as matron of honor. The attendant wore a strapless cocktail length dress of watermelon lamore satin and carried a silver bouquet holder of jade roses. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Don Miller and the late Mr. Jimmy Yates of Steens. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Bob Gray of Columbus, Mrs. Lela Yates of Columbus and the late Mr. Wilbur Yates of Columbus. James McDonald of Vernon, Ala., served as best man. After a stay in Orange Beach, Ala., the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is employed by Baptist Cancer Center, and the groom is employed by Gulf States Manufacturers Inc.
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY