October 2, 2009
Crystal Gayle Smith and Justin Don Abrams, both of Columbus, were married Sept. 9, 2009. The bride is the daughter of John E. and Sandra K. Smith of Vernon, Ala. She is the granddaughter of Willie Quinn Vail Pennington and the late Rev. Lloyd W. Vail, and Madie Hardin and the late J.T. Smith. She is a 2000 graduate of Lamar County High School. The groom is the son of Hershel Abrams and Linnea Thompson of Ethelsville, Ala. He is the grandson of Gene and Mavis Brown, and the late J.D. and Marguerite Abrams. He is a 1999 graduate of Pickens County High School The bride is a nurse at Aurora Health and Rehab and the groom is employed with McNees Construction. The couple resides in Columbus.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY