September 19, 2009
Robyn Vickery and Mitchell Banks, both of Columbus, were married on the courthouse lawn, July 10, 2009, in Carrollton, Ala., with Minister John Paluzzi officiating. The bride is the daughter of Tim Vickery of Cumberland, and Linda Shumaker of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Justine Hamrick and the late Mr. Mark Hamrick of Columbus, and Mr. Earlie Vickery and the late Mrs. Mary Alice Vickery of Alford, Fla. Kelly Banks of Columbus, sister-in-law of the bride, served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mrs. Lois Banks and the late Gerald Haynes Banks Jr. Gerald Banks served as best man, and Austin Braswell, son of the bride, served as groomsman. Following a wedding trip to Panama City Beach, Fla., the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is a surgical assistant to Dr. John W. Starr and the groom is employed by the Columbus Fire Department.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY