September 19, 2009
Robyn Vickery and Mitchell Banks, both of Columbus, were married on the courthouse lawn, July 10, 2009, in Carrollton, Ala., with Minister John Paluzzi officiating. The bride is the daughter of Tim Vickery of Cumberland, and Linda Shumaker of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Justine Hamrick and the late Mr. Mark Hamrick of Columbus, and Mr. Earlie Vickery and the late Mrs. Mary Alice Vickery of Alford, Fla. Kelly Banks of Columbus, sister-in-law of the bride, served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mrs. Lois Banks and the late Gerald Haynes Banks Jr. Gerald Banks served as best man, and Austin Braswell, son of the bride, served as groomsman. Following a wedding trip to Panama City Beach, Fla., the couple resides in Columbus. The bride is a surgical assistant to Dr. John W. Starr and the groom is employed by the Columbus Fire Department.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY