September 4, 2009
Amy Elizabeth King of Columbus and Robert Verloin deGruy of Mobile, Ala., were married July 25, 2009, at 6 p.m. at First United Methodist Church in Columbus with Rev. Robert Glenn Miller officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Lester King of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Campbell Pickle of Carthage, and of the late Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Jasper King of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a strapless candlelight gown featuring horizontal pleats on the bodice and hem with a chapel train and a finger-tip length veil edged in satin piping. She carried a bouquet of white and cream roses and hydrangeas. Megan King, sister of the bride, of Mobile served as maid of honor. Katherine Brown of Starkville, Elizabeth Dulaney of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and Charlotte Summerlin of Rocky Face, Ga., served as bridesmaids. The attendants wore long black strapless two-piece gowns with sweep trains. They carried bouquets of fuchsia and lime roses, daisies and mums. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Verloin deGruy of Mobile. He is the grandson of Mrs. Frank Verloin deGruy Jr., and the late Mr. deGruy Jr. and of Mrs. Curtis Lamar Conner and the late Mr. Conner. Mr. Glenn Verloin deGruy, father of the groom, served as best man. Daniel Jackson of Belmont, N.C., Anthony Davis of Burbank, Calif., Thomas Tomlo of Alexandria, Va., and Mario Rampulla of Laramie, Wyo., served as groomsmen. Following a trip to Belize, the couple resides in Mobile.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY