June 27, 2009
Tara Mixon of Memphis, Tenn. and Lovell Seals, of Kansas City, Mo. were married June 20, 2009, at Cozumel, Mexico. The bride is the daughter of Ms. Barbara Mixon of Columbus and Mr. George Mixon of Broooksville. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ellis T. Jones of Columbus and Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Monroe of Broooksville. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She has a bachelor's of business degree from the University of Memphis, a master's of business administration from Strayer University and a master's of arts in education from Union University. The groom is the son of Ms. Eilean Jones and Mr. Pete Washington, both of Kansas City, Mo. He is the grandson of Ms. Opal Ransberry and Esaw Charles, both of Kansas City, Mo. He has a bachelor's of arts degree from Xavier University of New Orleans. The couple reside in Memphis, Tenn., where the groom is employed as an educator, entrepreneur, and a real estate investor and the bride is a middle school teacher and a college professor at the University of Phoenix. A wedding reception was given June 27, 2009 in Memphis, Tenn.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Upcoming bills aimed at renaming GT highways COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY