August 31, 2013 3:25:43 PM
Sept. 7 - An Evening with Judy Collins and the Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra; Bama Theatre, Tuscaloosa. ($35-55). 205-758-5195 or bamatheatre.org/buytickets.
Sept. 9 - Mumford & Sons (with The Vaccines, Bear's Den), Oak Mountain Theatre, Pelham, Ala.
Sept. 10 - The Black Crowes, Iron City, Birmingham ($55). ironcitybham.com.
Sept. 12 - Down on Main (The Como Mamas, Afrissippi, Galactic), Fairpark Amphitheatre, Tupelo; 6:30 p.m. (free). 662-841-6598 or tupelodownonmain.com.
Sept. 13-14 - Up, Up & Away Hot Air Balloon Festival, Ballard Park, Tupelo. 662-840-3117 or upupnawayfest.info/.
Sept. 14 - 44th annual Fayette Arts Festival, Guthrie Smith Park, Highway 43 North, Fayette, Ala. 205-932-8727 or fayeteatmuseum.vpweb.com.
- Night Hike on the Natchez Trace, Parkway Visitor Center (at milepost 266 near Tupelo), 7-8 p.m. 662-680-4027 or email Amy_genke@nps.gov.
- Hispanic Heritage Month Photography Exhibit (through Oct. 15), Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center (milepost 266 near Tupelo). 662-680-4027 or email Amy_genke@nps.gov.
Sept. 16 - Fun. (with special guests Tegan and Sara), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($20-40). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
Sept. 19 - Jazz Hall of Famer Eric Essix, Alys Stephens Center, Birmingham ($39). 877-277-8457 or alysstephens.org.
Sept. 20 - Oxford Artists Guild Show, Chancery Court building lot on the Square, Oxford, 9-5 p.m.
Sept. 21 - Buddy Guy, Bobby Rush and Ruthie Foster; Jim Buck Ross Agriculture and Forestry Museum, Jackson. 601-431-4502.
Sept. 25 - The Black Crowes, Thalia Mara Hall, Jackson ($72-94). boxofficeticketsales.com.
Sept. 28 - Rickey Smiley & Friends, BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo ($35-$50). 662-841-6528 or bcsarena.com.
- Michael Feldman's "Whad'ya Know" radio show broadcasts live from the Ford Center, Oxford. 9:30 a.m. ($25-50). 662-915-2787 or fordcenter.org
2. The beat goes on at 'Unplugged 3' this week ENTERTAINMENT
3. CCT youth: Come on in, meet 'Mississippi Characters' ENTERTAINMENT