Ben Ross settled into the cockpit of a World War II-era Boeing airplane Friday and listened patiently as Tim Newton, the pilot, went over the "rules," -- keep your arms inside the cockpit, watch where you put your feet and use the mirror to communicate once the plane is in the air.
A spontaneous burst of applause greeted CNN legal analyst and The New Yorker contributor Jeffrey Toobin at the Trotter Convention Center in downtown Columbus Friday night after he read aloud from a 1943 Supreme Court decision declaring public officials cannot force citizens to participate in patriotic ceremonies.
Three Starkville restaurants were the scenes of 14 citations the Mississippi Attorney General's Office issued to minors with alcohol and fake IDs during a compliance check in three north Mississippi cities Thursday.
Dispatch reporter Isabelle Altman has been promoted to news editor.
Mississippi has produced more than its share of gifts to the world when it comes to music. One of them even earned the title of king. He got things all shook up and died too young, but his legacy thrives, especially in this corner of the Magnolia State.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. State road inspectors embark on annual maintenance trip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Welty Symposium kicks off with story of truths, lies and child brides COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY