Three Democrats have now qualified for Starkville's mayoral race after local attorney Johnny Moore filed his qualification paperwork at City Hall Monday.
A woman accused of serving a cheeseburger smeared with her bodily fluids to a customer at Jack's Restaurant in early January has turned herself in to the Columbus Police Department.
The lockdown on Columbus High School has been lifted, and the Columbus Police Department has called off a search for a potentially armed suspect in the woods around the school.
Columbus residents Eltoro Harris, 35, and Quareantae Miller, 16, are both in custody and awaiting formal charges after an early Sunday morning armed robbery that was followed by a possibly related car chase.
As the 2017 legislative session moves on, local lawmakers are hoping to draw support on bills for a range of issues, from stricter DUI enforcement to criminal justice reform.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Registering their dissent: Nearly 1,000 attend Women's March in Jackson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY