Traffic signals at four intersections in Columbus are coming down, while three other intersections will see signals installed.
Columbus City Council upped the ante Tuesday to help law enforcement find an escaped inmate from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Starkville's board of aldermen will host a Nov. 7 public hearing on a proposed exemption to its recently-amended smoking ordinance that would allow smoking in standalone vape and smoking stores.
Federal judge Debra Brown on Tuesday denied the motion to dismiss a civil lawsuit for wrongful imprisonment against a Lowndes County Justice Court judge who signed an affidavit for the arrest of a 17-year-old falsely accused of statutory rape.
Four people face bribery charges after a Lowndes County Sheriff's Office investigator learned a suspect in an aggravated assault was attempting to offer his alleged victim money.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville Utilities employee arrested for embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY