Tennesee-based for-profit hospital chain Capella Healthcare has made an offer to lease Oktibbeha County Hospital Regional Medical Center. is working with officials
Nine months after being indicted by the U.S. Attorney's Office on fraud charges relating to a nationwide testing scam, a teacher is still on paid leave with the Columbus Municipal School District.
Earlier this week, Sean O'Keefe, American Eurocopter parent company CEO , said cuts to the Pentagon budget under the "sequester" budget reduction plan could force the company to slash production of the UH-72 Lakota helicopter, which is produced at its Columbus facility.
Ward 2 alderman candidate Lisa Wynn is formally challenging the Starkville Municipal Democratic Executive Committee's Monday decision to reject at least one affidavit, Wynn's attorney Charles Yoste said Thursday.
On Tuesday, the remaining city council and alderman seats will be decided in Columbus and Starkville.
1. Contractor killed at CAFB construction work site COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Turner says judgments don't tell whole story COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMSD workers forced to return pay COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Indicted teacher still drawing paycheck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wright: Board vote may be a misappropriation of funds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY