A Columbus man will spend five years in prison after pleading guilty this week to exploitation of a child.
A black 15-year-old in Mississippi shook in fear as he described how white schoolmates put a noose around his neck and pulled it tight, leaving no physical scars but perhaps a life-changing emotional wound, his mother said.
When Caledonia Middle School Principal Karen Pittman announced over the intercom one day in August the students' behavior was "out of control" and that the entire school had to go to an assembly in the gym, Kim Holley didn't know what to think.
A Columbus woman was killed Thursday afternoon when she crashed her vehicle into a bridge column on Highway 45 Alternate in Lowndes County.
A new $7 million housing development is coming to Lowndes County.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY